Wednesday 13 February 2008

The big day

I was really excited all morning about Trudi coming and couldnt wait. I was apprehensive too. Would I really make a twit of myself? Would she be horribly critical of me?

Trudi had never seen Endy before and so she said some nice things about him when she met him. He was his usual charming self, trying hard to nip her!

First of all we put his bridle on with a snaffle and a caveson over the top and went down to the manege where she did some leading games with him. She walked in front and then stopped and Endy was supposed to stop too but he didnt, he just walked into the back of her. Then she turned to face him and he should walk backwards away from her with hand signals from her but of course he didnt. After a few attempts he got the hang of moving away from pressure and he was quite good. He moved his quarters away when asked and moved sideways when asked.

She then asked me to lunge him and show her what happened. Off we went at a funereal pace. He walked slower and slower and I clicked and clucked and chivvied and waved the lunge whip and he looked bored. He really did not want to know at all. Trudi took over from me and changed the position of lunging to more 'driving' him forward. She placed herself more towards his quarters and was only about a metre away from him and then drove him forwards from there. Endy didn't really 'get' it but he needs work and he was interested in it and his ears were forward and he had a vaguely puzzled look on his face so he wasn't asleep.

Next I had to get on!

No comments: