Thursday 14 February 2008

Friday 15th February 2008

Last night Trudi sent me the pictures that she took at THE END of our lesson on Tuesday. When I saw them I was devastated. I reckon it was the lowest point ever of my riding career. It's not a career though, I am a happy hacker not a bloody three day eventer......!!

I look so awful and I look so massively fat as well. (Don't worry I know I am fat.) I look as though I don't know how to ride at all... which is a funny statement to make as I by the looks of things I obviously don't.

I have been awake half the night trying to justify to myself that a) I don't need to post the pics for everyone to see and laugh at. b) I could make this a closed blog so that only people I thought would be nice to me could look at it. c) I could just not post them at all and just write about it.

After a hell of a lot of thought I have decided to post them because I am trying to keep this blog as a record of my progress. Other people are interested and want to see how I am progressing.

I am going to go to the yard today and Mike is going to take some pics of my old seat. In that my leg is much further back and my body is more forward but I am more balanced than I look in these pictures. Endy doesn't look very comfortable in these pictures either but his head is lower than it will be in the pictures that I take for the before pics.

I will post again this afternoon after I get back from riding.

OK here goes.... The dreaded pictures. All I ask that when you look at them you see with what we call in the Acupuncture and healing profession 'Soft Eyes'. Don't be too judgemental of me.

No comments: